Friday, March 24, 2017

What Dreams Do Bring

In Albuquerque, Dave called me Chad the Dreamer. I thought it was a funny name and one that I fully accept and own. I am a dreamer. I always have been. My entire life I have seen countless examples of what it looks like when people stop dreaming and "come back to reality." Whenever I meet someone who was taught to abandon their dreams for a pragmatic reality, well, it breaks my heart. A life without dreams is like dinner without salt. Tasteless and bland, not to mention detrimental to your health.



Well, I haven't ever abandoned my dreams. I live by them, follow my heart in every step and will never stop until my heart quits beating. Then knowing me, I will keep the vision alive through whatever realm I start flying around.

My dream, since I was around 13 or 14, was of a small village somewhere in the world. It definitely was not where I am from because it didn't have paved roads, no telephone wires, small circular huts, and brown-skinned women and children running, playing, working, and laughing. I would sometimes just be viewing the scene and other times I would see myself as an old man among them. It always felt beautiful and real.

I have in the meantime traveled, met amazing people, and honed my vision of what is possible in this world. I have also met someone who has become a brother of mine in the world, another peaceful warrior amidst a chaotic reality. Lale Labuko is from Ethiopia and has been a champion for peace and compassion for over a decade, having saved almost 50 lives of children who would otherwise have been killed. Today him and his wife, along with a staff of workers, take care of these children in every aspect of their life. Lale has 2 kids, soon to be 3 of his own, but when asked says he has 50 children.



Today I awoke from a dream and knew that I needed to be in Ethiopia as soon as possible. But this is not the point of this post. I am not begging for help through my words, because I KNOW that Great Mystery has a plan and I am walking through the gates opened for me. All will be provided.

Why I am writing this is about THE DREAMS. If you're not following your dream at this point, if you're living for a paycheck that takes more from you than it gives, if you're working to pay for the things that leave you more empty than you were before, and if you wake up with cold chills from dreams that haunt you...then there is literally no time like now to do something about it.

Don't worry about the details. All you need do is step through that door in your spirit, climb up through your heart, and look out your forehead to see which direction to choose. Don't second guess it. Just step into it. Your arrival is your ticket.

I can't tell you how unbelievably important it is to be living within your power right now. The world needs you. Seriously. Everyone around you will be better for it when you decide to live within the dream.

Now, some might say, "Chad, isn't it foolish to live in the dream when so much real stuff is going on around us? Isn't it selfish to be dreaming while everyone is suffering?" Is it fair to the world for you to be suffering while you're sleeping, suffering while you're awake? Imposing your suffering onto everyone else around you because you aren't happy with where you are? Stop making excuses and using the rest of the world as a scapegoat. The world will not be free until you are free.

I can't give you a blueprint, but one thing I have found is that traveling by bike is ONE way to get closer to the dream. There are so many ways and you have to find yours. I can tell you that if you're not feeling it, then you're not doing it. The moment that feeling of weightlessness comes, when you are brought to tears by a cloud, when the kindness of another shows you the deep scar you have over your heart, and when you can't walk past another person suffering without reaching out your hand...then you will have arrived at the station. Just board the train. Don't make an excuse as to what else you've got to do. Just board that train.



Maybe my words fail already because the experience is so personal, or maybe you're reading this and planning your escape. I encourage everyone to follow their heart. Every moment. The next you hear from me, I will be getting cradled by Mama Africa. Connect the global struggle. If Africa no free, no native no free, no river no free, no woman no free, whole world no free.

No comments:

Post a Comment